UADTC requires Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MS DTC). Service Pack 1 for Windows Server 2003 disables MS DTC network access. This will impact UADTC if it communicates with MS DTC over a network.
This information applies to all Windows Server 2003 operating systems that you can update with SP1.
If you are running an application using MS DTC, network access is turned off after you install the release candidate version of SP1. This is due to new security restrictions added in SP1. For example, if you are running a SQL server that uses MS DTC for network access, you should re-enable MS DTC network access after you install SP1.
Please see resolution.
To enable MS DTC network access:
- Open the Component Services MMC snap-in
- Click Component Services, click Computers, and then click My Computer
- Right-click My Computer and click Properties
- Click the MS DTC tab and click Security Configuration
- Select the Network DTC Access check box and configure the settings